On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 23:10 -0400, Alex wrote:
> With OOo Writer, everything seems to work fine with NEW files, but when
> working with imported MS Word(proprietary format) files some things seem
> to go awry.  I imported a .DOC file back when 1.1.4 became stable,
> changed a few things and saved it.  All seemed Ok for several months.
> The other day, after I had learned a few new things about OOo, I opened
> it up with 1.9.95(I know, beta) and proceeded to edit.

You are right it is beta.  Some features of the import were changed to
support more information from the word format, this may have in turn
broken other apparently working imports.  There also have been some
identified weaknesses that have been corrected but not released.

Please raise an issue describing you problem and attach the particular
document so that we can have a look at it.

--
Ken Foskey
OpenOffice.org developer