Christian Einfeldt wrote:
For myself, I use SuSE 9.2 for my legal work, and Linspire 5.0
for audio ripping and editing.  The audio editor there is
audacity.

to be counted - slackware :)

oops, sorry, didn't get this. How is slackware involved with Audacity? I ask this question out of pure ignorance. I tried to install Minislack once, and it wasn't pretty. I hear lots of true geeks singing the praises of Slackware, so I have lots of respect for it, but it is out of my reach as a simple end user.

oh, this was just meant as a response to usage of suse :) audacity... well, it can be installed on slackware box =)

slackware definitely isn't easy to set up (compared to suse - or knoppix :) ), so i would not recommend it to anybody who is not interested in tweaking things
--
Rich