I really was trying to make a discussion point with my recent query about
dictionary transfer (I read it on the digest again and it looks only like a
"how to" question).

The point is - it is important to me as a user to be able to keep the
dictionaries and things I build up and easily transfer them to a new version. I
learned to do it partially copying files in the Program Files directory  but
finding and copying files is awkward or, for many who don't even have my half
knowledge of computers, impossible.

And if things change, as they apparently have, with the way OO m100 onwards is
storing the dictionary files (I created a new one which did not emerge in the
storage file with the others even though I could keep on using it) it gets even
harder.

Is there a way I have missed simply to export such files for transfer onto
another computer with OO or a new version?  Could such a thing be done easily?

And the same for the templates you have built up?

Thanks

Adrian

The "technical query"  I sent previously:

I have learned to move my dictionaries between snapshot version of the =
Beta and so on  - I copy the files in share-wordbook-ENus and then copy =
them back to the same file when the new version in installed.

This may not be the best way to do it and I have not worked out the =
difference between that and share-dict-ENus

But it works and afterwards OO Writer shows the dictionaries unticked in =
- Tools-options-language-writing aids.(Small warning - you have to =
re-startOO completely to get them on the list)

I then just have to re-tick them in the check boxes.

Now - I have recently created a new dictionary in=20
Tools-options-language-writing aids - ticked it on the check box and it =
works and stores words of its own category (company names as it =
happens).=20

BUT it does not appear in the ENus file along with the others - and I =
cannot find it to copy it for the next upgrade. It must be SOMEWHERE but =
where?

Can someone explain if it is not too esoteric?  I have WinXP SP2.
=20
Regards

Adrian