Hi Ralph,

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 10:45:25 -0700, Ralph Alvy wrote:

> column of numbers formatted nn:nn:nn will load the data as though it's a
> time field. So, for instance, if one piece of data in the CSV file is
>
>         00:23:34
>
> it will appear as
>
>         12:23:34 AM
>
> in the cell after import. But this is not a time field. It's a
> length-of-time field (hours:minutes:seconds).

You may assign a "elapsed time" number format to the column after the
file was loaded, for example one that reads [HH]:MM:SS

> Is there a way to change OO Calc's behaviour so that it doesn't default to
> formatting a cell as Time when it sees data in nn:nn:nn format?

Not while loading the data. Depending on your data and how you want to
work with it you may specify the column to be of type text in the import
dialog, which will prevent converting the data and assigning number
formats, but with text you'll also not be able to do calculations.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter bedevilled I18N transpositionizer.
 GnuPG key 0x293C05FD:  997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD