Ian Laurenson wrote:
On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 15:44, Randomthots wrote:
[snip]

What really needs to be assignable to shortcut keys is *character* styles. I like the concept of character styles but I find them cumbersome to use. Compare the ease of hitting CNTL-B for bold or CNTL-U for underline to all the double-clicking you need to do to assign (and un-assign at the end of the word) a character style that does the same thing.

In 1.9.x you can assign key shortcuts to character styles.

For 1.1.x you can use my AlyKeyHandlet or KeyHandler macros available
from: http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/hillview/OOo/

[Remainder snipped]

Thanks, Ian

Ian is right, all five types of styles can be assigned via keyboard shortcut in 2.0. Sweet!

--
Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Want to help? http://www.oooauthors.org