From: "Adrian Try" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 23:15:18
To:discuss@openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [discuss]  Re: Few Suggestions, Please Read

> I was wondering how you incorporate the address book (I use Thunderbird)
> and it took me all of 10 seconds using the wizard. My first love was
> WordPerfect but I had to give that up years ago because of conversion
> problems with M$Word. I then said "sod it" and changed to TeX. I use OO
> for editing other people's work and quick stuff.
> Cheers,
> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

I'm still just starting to experiment myself, and I would be grateful to
hear of others' approaches.

The View Data Sources feature (F4) is very handy. From there I can view
and filter tables and queries. I can drag fields or records into my
document, or click the mailmerge button to insert address blocks or other
merge information.

I've hardly started experimenting with the possibility of using the Base
application for accessing and using address book information.

Overall, it seems to be a very flexible system which I look forward to
exploring more. I'm also sure there's a lot of room for improvement,
including cooperation between OpenOffice.org and Mozilla, for example.

Adrian

Regards,

Gregory

AMERICAN SERVICES LAX