OP isn't talking about knowledgeable folks--techies, Power Users, etc--knowing where to go for useful tools, poking all over the Net. He's saying that useful tools ought to be included in the OOo suite. Whether these particular ones ought to be included is a subject for serious discussion; however, his concept stands. If we're to attract the ordinary users in serious numbers, we have to make things simple for them to come. An added problem associated with having to search around the Net for tools is corporate policy: many--mine, for instance--take a dim view of bringing down tools from outside the company due to legitimate security concerns. While our IT isn't averse to checking out, and if possible blessing, outside tools for our use, it's not high on their priority list. Other ITs (or the corporate mfwics) make take a harder line about this (and many a softer line).

Eric Hines