Hi, comments in line...

-----Original Message-----
From: Saalo Sparkes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: May 31, 2005 8:01 AM
To: discuss@openoffice.org
Subject: [discuss] Palm

I have recently bought a Palm PDA, which has limited functions for
writing documents. As I was creating some documents, I thought it would
be nice to be able to create these using OpenOffice.org on the PDA. Are
there any plans to port OOo to Palm?

reply:  no, unfortunately.  Your best bet is to get Textmaker, which
unfortunately is proprietary, but at least runs natively on Linux.  You do have
to pay for it, but they are pretty good about letting you copy it to a couple
of your other computers.  See their licenses for further details.  I also know
the CEO of the company, and he is a great guy, very nice, and he swears that he
will eventually create OpenOffice.org filters for his products.  I believe him,
although it has been a little bit slow in coming.

The great thing about Softmaker's products is that they are teeny tiny small.
His word processor actually loads faster than AbiWord, which says a lot,
because AbiWord is teeny tiny and loads exceedingly fast. Here's a link to his
site:

http://www.softmaker.com/english/

Good luck,

Christian Einfeldt

Cheers

Saalo
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<PRE>
<A HREF="http://www.opencomm.org.uk";>http://www.opencomm.org.uk</A>
All information from this source is intended for the person(s) named in
the e-mail. If you are not this person, please disregard the e-mail. All
outgoing mail has been scanned for viruses, but it is stringly
recommended that it be scanned at the destination point. This e-mail is
the opinion of the sender only.