M. Lutz wrote:

>         Saving (automatic) of the current document:
>                 Having several drawings / plots etc. in the current
>                 document the saving process de-activates the screen for
>                 quite a time: up to > 10sec on my (WinXP-)PC.
>                 I'm no programmer - but would it be possible to
>                 implement a kind of a document saving process in a
>                 background thread which blocks the GUI less than - e.g.

Unfortunately the document that is currently saved must be locked at
this time so you can't change it while it is saved. You should be able
to work on other documents in the meantime (with reduced responsiveness
of the program though).

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.