This morning I was making up some "form" documents, the type we sometimes use for donations. A typical filename would be

        donation_COMPANY_NAME_2005-06-04

Previously I have made these up in vi, and the un-filled-out form was named

        donation_????????_2005-??-??

When I tried to do this in OO writer, when I tred to "save as" the file
as
        donation_????????_2005-??-??.odt

(automatic extension, of course), it failed. I typed the filename in and hit "save"; however the window just sat there until I typed a name it liked.

So I tried both OOo-1.1.3 and staroffice7 - same behavior.

Curiously if I save the file to some other name and go to the shell and rename it to (for instance)
        donation_????????_2005-??-??.odt
I can open it and work with it, save it, etc., just fine.

Is this a bug or is it documented somewhere? And if it *is* intentional, why?

Just curious.

Thanks
--
William W. Austin                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 "Life is just another phase I'm going through. this time, anyway ..."