Enrique wrote:

> If you go to macros you are talking about an _application_
> standardising on that has been much more difficult ever.

No, I'm talking of a _language_. You can write Python, Perl
or many others and, with some obvious exceptions, those
scripts will run on different platforms.

> For that several software makers MUST agree in a common API.

Eh eh... this is one of the things it is necessary to expose.

> Even within single companies like Microsoft or Adobe, different
> products use different APIs, just because they were created by
> different people.

Bingo! You are comparing closed source apps with open source ones.

Different proprietary products *must* invent different APIs to
lock in users. FOSS ones, we are told, need no such tricks to
survive.

> It is rather impossible that an .odt file may contain a macro
> functional at OOo, KOffice or whatever.

please let me know what you think of my reply to Daniel, where I
talk of a set of python functions etc....

Thanks,
Marco