Quoting eng edu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I am a writer and I am using OpenOffice for quite sometime now. One of the
features that I find very useful (and as a matter of fact unique to
OpenOffice) is that every time I reopen a document, the cursor will be
exactly at the place where I have left it last time. This of course saves
time and it also helps to keep some sort of continuity on the work that I am
doing. Unfortunately I realized that this is not the case with the 1.9.100
version of the program. Now every time I open a document the cursor is back
at the top. I was wondering if there is an option that I am not aware of, in
this new version to address this problem.

Thank you in advance.

yes this are called reminders and you can see them when you click on the arrows
at the bottom of the document.

Here is an example:
http://www.alexandrocolorado.com/pages/gallery/albums/pcstuff/aag.png
--