OpenOffice.org Knowledgebase
============================

1. What is the OpenOffice.org Knowledgebase?
The OpenOffice.org knowledgebase (or KB for short), is a collection
of knowledge regarding OpenOffice.org from previous and existing
users. This enables users to query the knowledgebase to see if there
is any information relating to a specific problem or idea they may
have regarding the software.

2. Where is the Knowledgebase?
The KB is currently at location http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au.
This site is in continual development to help improve the service.

3. Why have a knowledgebase? Why not just have the FAQ's?
The KB actually contains a lot of the information already in the
FAQ's at this time, so there is no missing out on information.
The reasons why it would be benefitial are two fold: a) it can be
queried using English in a natural way, and b) it can "create"
knowledge based on existing information and feedback. It also has
the chance of duplicating the same FAQ, but this provides a
slightly different view and provides depth to the knowledge.

4. Can I add questions and answers to the knowledgebase?
By all means! Simply click on the contribute button on the side and
provide the question in simple, easy to understand terms. Then fill
in the answer with as much detail as possible. Once done, simply
submit it for review.

5. I submitted a question, but it is not showing up? Why not?
The questions that are submitted are not immediately visible to the
public. This is to avoid any bad submissions that may be made by
individuals. The questions are submitted and then reviewed by the
moderators who then approve them and make them visible to the public.
Once made visible, they will show up as new entries on any search
for seven days, then are treated as normal questions from then on.

6. The question I asked gave a list of answers, what do I do?
The answers are based on the "intelligence" of the software trying
to match your question. This means that some of the answers may be
what you want, some may be close, and others not related at all.
Look at providing feedback (see below) to these to help the system
learn for a better response next time.

7. The page asked about providing feedback, why is this used?
For each question that finds an answer, you will be asked for feedback.
This means selecting the option of Yes,No, or Maybe for each of the
possible answers. Doing this will increase the "intelligence" of the
knowledgebase in matching answers next time. You do not have to provide
feedback for every answer, but 3-5 feedbacks per question will help
improve it dramatically.

8. What if there is no match for my question?
Contribute the question anyway so that it can be added to the
knowledgebase. Then submit your question to the users mailing list at
www.openoffice.org. This functionality is in the process of being
automated to make it simpler for new users.

9. Can I access the Knowledgebase in my own Language?
Currently the knowledgebase is all in English. If there is enough
interest and help from other people, it can certainly be modified
to adjust for other languagues. If you are interested in this area,
please let me know.

Regards
Jonathon
--