Daniel Carrera wrote:

Manolis Christodoulou wrote:

It's a wonderful day for all of us. But in this war, when I read/hear the word victory, I remember master Yoda's words: "Victory you said? The dark side clouds everything..."

Indeed... we've won a major victory, but the war is not over. Although this is a time of celebration, it is not yet time to take down the "no software patents" banners on your sites:

But still, this is a time to celebrate. I will. :-)

Cheers,
Daniel.

While it is a small victory, in fact the politicos simply got shot of it so they didn't have to deal with the amendments that would have made it so they couldn't grant a patent for software. All that happens now is that the status quo holds and the buck is returned to the member nations who can still patent software.

However on the upside the fact that they could see themselves being seriously unpopular if they had passed the legislation means that the voice of FLOSS is being heard and people are taking notice

Yo

--
Graham Lauder

OpenOffice.org MarCon New Zealand