Chad wrote:

> - you have to install *Java* for the Database to work.

Psst., WRONG answer.

You can use the database component, without having Java installed.

> It seems to me that MSO has more includes than OOo, once you include

Seems to me that you didn't read what I wrote.
OTOH, that is par for you.

>auto magically installed as Outlook Express on every version of
Windows on earth.

My windows system did not auto magically install outlook, nor outlook express.

>  You get 6 includes for MSO, and only 5 includes on OOo.

In the counting sequence I learned, Ten less one is equal to nine, not five.
[You don't need the templates, but they do help in setting up those functions.]

> you fail to recognize included software,

You fail to accurately count.

>you compare apples to oranges (Small Business Edition to the full
version of OOo)

Maybe I should compare it against the standard version of MSO?
That has even fewer components.

> including reference to software that is not affliated with, much less a part
> of,
OpenOffice.org.

Strip out the components of MSO, that did not originate with
Microsoft, and you have even fewer components than I listed.

> included software, IE Outlook and Powerpoint, MSO wins in your little
> experiment.  If you

How?

Oh, I forgot, you do not know how to count.

 A) the functionality really isn't there,

It means that you can do it, but instead of having a template as a
starting point, you'll have to create it yourself.  [Which should not
be a problem to anybody who understands how to use those tools.]

>That's ridiculous!

That is a side effect of the decentralization of OOo addons.

> If you want to make OOo look good, talk about its strengths,

I realize that you have a marked inability to comprehend writing.

But even you should have been able to read what I was writing.

>like *PRICE*

Price is a non-issue --- nothing gets sold on the basis of price alone.

> point-for-point includes of functionality where MSO is the *clear* winner.

Thanks for the demonstration that you did not learn the three r's.

> (By going Pro with MSO, the number jumps from 6 to 8,

IOW, OOo still beats MSO Pro.  Thanks for the confirmation.

>Corporate edition, it gets a perfect 10.)

So you have to jump to a version of Office that is not normally found
in offices, nor individual end users, to get something that has one
function --- email --- more than I listed.

xan

jonathon
--
Does your Office Suite conform to ISO Standards?