I have very same side effect on 118. It is reproducable on Linux and Windows too.

We should check IssueZilla and if not existent issue, we should file a new one.

KAMI

William W. Austin írta:

I've noticed some "odd" behavior of 118 as compared with the 95, 100, 104, 109 and 113 releases.

It crashes a *lot* more often. (I know that beta releases ... etc., but this is an unexpected change for the worse - when I figure out how to make it crash repeatably I'll file a but report.)

I get the same results on 3 different linux boxes.

The only constant is the the first time I try to save a document - ANY document - in writer, I get an error show-box which states:
    Error loading BASIC of document
    file:/// (full path name to file)
    General Error.
    General input/output error.

If I then click OK, I get exactly the same error show-box repeated.

After I click on that one, the file saves properly.

I'm working on figuring out what is tripping the crash - full crash and next start recovery process works - and when I do that I'll file a bug report.

Machines, etc:

a) Athlon xp2500+, 2GB memory, 100GB+ free disk space, Fedora FC3 with current patches.

b) P4 2 Ghz, 512 MB, 50GB+ free disk space, Fedora FC3, all current patches.

c) P3 500 MHz, 384 MB, 10GB+ free disk space, RH 9, all current patches.