Quoting CPHennessy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Sunday 07 August 2005 13:08, + J. Greenlees wrote:
> >  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> > why is it default to intel?
> > since hp ( amongst other manufacturers ) has for years been standardised
> > with amd, there is an equal number of win32 systems that would get a more
> > stable working environment with an amd specific build.
> >
> > noticed the intel in the version name when downloading the 1.9.x beta
> just
> > now.
>
> Hi Jaqui,
>  You will find that any OOo package with the name "intel" in it should work
>
> perfectly on AMD cpus. If they do not, then there is a bug and it should be
>
> reported.
>
> Please reply to discuss@openoffice.org only

I've not had any problems with OO, even with the beta for version 2
( other than installing the rpms into a mandrake box.. mandrake's menus screw
the menu
entries for it. [ not an open office bug ] )

since the win32 build is architecture independent, shouldn't the installer name
indicate
it? it's the intel that raises the question re stability on amd systems. I know
that
with a 64 bit system the differences are greater, making an architecture
independent
build a huge one.

Voice Messages, Voice Calls (VoIP), Video Conferencing, http://www.x-mail.net
Anonymous SSL Web Surfing, http://www.snoopblocker.com