On 26 Aug 2005 Lars D. Noodén wrote,

> I notice that the list of HOWTOs for the Database Access
> section is missing a Mail Merge howto:
> http://dba.openoffice.org/howto/index.html

> I'm sure that a clever and motivated person could figure
> it out from the existing documents, but mail merge is
> such a common activity that it would be useful to have
> a slap-me-in-the-face-obvious document on Mail Merge
> that even an MBA could find and follow.

Instead of a "how to", perhaps a chapter from one of the Writer Guides for OOo 1.1.X and 2.0 might be just what's needed for that purpose. Check them out at:

(V1.1.X) http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors/Mail-Merge.pdf (V2.0) http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/0211WG-UsingMailMerge.pdf

If those chapters don't cover topics you think should be included in a how-to, please let us at OOoAuthors know what's missing (or email me directly, if that's easier for you).

Regards, Jean