On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 22:38:35 +0200
"M. Fioretti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 13:03:15 PM -0700, Dane Mutters
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>
> > That said, I know that there is some effort to port OOo to every
> > distribution imaginable.
>
> My understanding is that OO.o developers explicitly ignore the issue,
> because something like this:
>
>       should really be done by the maintainers/ packagers of each
>       distro and

<snip>

I agree wholeheartedly with this point. The maintainers of the distro
know best how to package for their distro. One of the reasons for this
is POSIX compliance. which means many distro's are putting files in
different directories to that which others use. eg /opt OR /usr/share,
/etc/rc.d/rc1.d OR /etc/rc1.d.

--
Michael
 Those that can, do; those that can't, teach. I tutor.