Adrian Try <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in news:da3de205050905023935303196
@mail.gmail.com:

> Out of all the desktop search software (when I was trying them all
> about a year ago), I found that Yahoo Desktop Search (based on the X1
> indexing software) worked with OpenOffice files the best, though I
> think I've heard since then that Google may have added OpenOffice
> support.

YDS works with OOo v1 files; it won't index v2 files, which is a pain. the
current version of google desktop search does both, with a plugin which is
very easily downloaded and installed. But I have to say I think YDS is a
better file finder, so I am sticking with .sxw format for the moment.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.