Ian Lynch írta:

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 07:33 -0400, Mike Hambrecht wrote:
I would like to recommend these as future projects. Things that might make you suite even more appealing and able to beat Microsoft. A diagramming software like, and compatible with, Visio.

OOo Draw. It does everything most people are likely to need for basic
drawing of diagrams etc. Rather than re-inventing it just add to the
graphics libraries at OpenClipart.org and OOoExtras etc. SVG is the
growing world vector standard so far more important to support that well
than worry about compatibility with a closed proprietary standard.

You can get good graphics library from my gallery:

You can reach the gallery at the hu.openoffice.org project:
http://hu.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=377&expandFolder=377&folderID=456 <http://hu.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=377&expandFolder=377&folderID=456>

The current version is downloadable from here:
http://office.fsf.hu/work/Gallery-1-20.zip (~30MB)

A Gant Chart program like, and compatible with, Microsoft Project.

I guess in the future someone might adapt Draw to be able to do this
type of thing too. In the whole scheme of things there are higher
priorities. eg adpating Draw for work in schools with whole class
interactive teaching.
Project like application is would be nice, but I think it is not has to be part of Draw. It may require a different app interghrated into the OpenOffice.org.

A full personal management product like, and compatible Outlook.

Use Thunderbird or Evolution. No point in diverting resources into
things that are already served by Open Source applications. We don't
have to do everything at OOo.

Thunderbird+calendar (and later Lighting) is a good Outlook alternative...

KAMI