OO store tempory file in the application data directory of the curent user (like firefox does) this is a probleme with profiles that are dowloaded from server uploaded for each session of the user and so the load of the network increase quickly

Under Tools / Options / OpenOffice.org / Paths I have noticed that you can specify the path for temp files.

On my computer (running Linux), that path is set to /tmp.

Are you able to change that setting to something more helpful in Windows? A path that would be the same for each user?

Adrian