T. J. Brumfield wrote:
I'll file an official request. Most open source WYSIWYG HTML editors are rather simple ones however designed to allow someone online to edit a page. I was hoping to see a Frontpage replacement, especially since Frontpage uses proprietary extensions for its "widgets and gadgets". A script wizard that helped you put together simple tools for your website using say PHP or CGI would be far more useful and less proprietary.
 Frontpage also doesn't do much necessarily to support developing with CSS.
 -- T. J.

This is a bit like guilding the lily.  OOo is already a humongous package.

If this is done, I suggest that other languages than HTML be included, eg. Python.

Neil Hodson's Scintilla is an excellent multi-programming language multi-os open source package: http://www.scintilla.org/

Colin W.