Andrew Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> there are lots of python and java libraries which will interact with
> blogging tools like movable type, which is what I use

The technical problem is simply put: the language which makes it easiest to
fool with openoffice is basic, but this is also the one most cut off from
the outside world. The scripting languages with rich libraries and so on,
like java and python, are much harder to integrate into OOo.So, I could in
theory make a python programme that would move copy into my blog. But to
get that running seamlessly as a macro is much harder. To get it running
seamlessly as a macro with its own toolbar, dialogue boxes, and whatever,
could easily be a week's work. If I even could, which I doubt.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.