Ismael Antadillas wrote:

    Hello All

    I have notice for a long time that the Icons that identify the main
programs of OpenOffice are poorly designed.  Main programs meaning "Write,
Calc, Impress... etc".

    1. They are crowded and poorly identify the application they are referring
to.
    One should be able to only glance at the Icon and identify the Application
the file belongs to (Icon shape and color).  This becomes clearly annoying when
using laptops or high resolution displays in small screens.

    I hate to say it but take an example at the MS Office Icons.  They are
clearly identifiable by shape and by color.  eg. Word, excel.. etc.

    This is an issue that, even though is not critical, touches the visual
ergonomics of the application, and it is annoying.  I personally consider it
critical since it limits the comfort level of the user.  And it makes me think
how something so basic has been overlooked.

    Please keep it in mind for your next release.

    Hope you really take note of this.

Thank You

Ismael Antadillas

Ismael we are aware of the issues, and we are currently working on the art project to contribute to the look and feel of OOo.

You can see some of this new designs and templating in order to create more eye candy interfaces.