A Dodd wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam
Please could you answer the following question.

Will OpenOffice ever have a publisher (like Ms Publisher) added to it?

Thank you for your time.
OOo Writer allows one to format small (half-size) pages, edit them, and then print as booklets with the appropriate lay out for printing: an eight page book prints a sheet with
page 1 on the right and 8 on the left
page 7 on the right and 2 on the left
etc.
If one prints half the pages once, re stacks and prints the others, it can come out as a finished booklet. This could never have been done i MS Publisher, although WordPerfect has also done it for years.

I have had some issues getting OOo Writer and my printer to layout this out as landscape pages, but once I figured that out, I can do any size booklet.