there is one thing that seems illogical to me and so far i haven't heard good arguments in favor of it :)

why create distro-specific integration packages ?
why not desktop environment specific ?

for example, in slackware i can use suse package, i just have to move files from /opt/kde3/* to /opt/kde/*

so, a single package would do, installation script could search known locations for kde and copy files to the correct location.

this would allow a single package to work for most if not all distributions and result in smaller download file size

the same basically could be done with other desktop/widnowing environments, i think (actually there is a package gnome-integration, i just haven't bothered to check it's contents ;) )

Alexandro Colorado wrote:
there will be supported on the major release. also I posted a document to transform the rpm2tgz for slackware. You might want to have a look at this on installation.openoffice.org project.