Chad Smith wrote:
On 10/5/05, Graham Lauder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The problem you have is a windows installer problem and nothing to do
with OOo. It has issues with the long version numbers that OOo uses.
Uninstall your 1.9.125 version and reinstall 2.0RC1

"A windows installer problem" that has "nothing to do with OOo"?

Um, who released the Windows installer for OpenOffice.org? - I believe
OOo
did. Therefore, it is an OOo problem. If OOo had kept a logical
nubmering
system, or had made the installer work around the problem, then there
would
be no problem. Please do not blame a lack of planning or a lack of
foresight
or a lack of testing on the part of the OOo release team on Windows.

--
- Chad Smith

Of course the installer programmers should have had foresight to think about long version numbers or are they still looking at 8.3 file names? Of course I still have a problem getting windows to recognized that ThisFile is different that Thisfile. Why doesn't Windows know the difference? We have been using capital letters in the English Language for at least 100 years.

--
Robin Laing
Instrumentation Technologist   Voice: 1.403.544.4762