Nagarjunam Kancharla wrote:

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be great if each tool of openoffice (writer, impress, math, draw) are available individually as an extension of firefox and available as one of the tabs. Its like you open the writer tab, impress tab, draw tab etc. When the user clicks on the tab, all the toolbars change to match the tab selected.

When I read this post, my first thought was "It would be silly to create extensions of OOo for Firefox." Then about 2 seconds later, I had the idea of taking the exact same approach and integrating into OOo itself, so you Open OOo, and you have tabs that you can click, that will take you immediately to writer, calc, impress, draw, base, etc etc... Since most of each component runs off the same 90% of code, it shouldn't be difficult for OOo, to simply juggle one temporary document for each different app, and you could just switch back and forth, and, a little button on the right could say "Create Project", and all the files would be tied by a single Master Document, rendering all the changes combined.

Neat, eh? *grin*
    Rigel