James Walker wrote:
Richard/g wrote:
..
We have Sun to thank for opening up the source code. They furnish 90% of the programmers who write the code. They provide the compile farm that generates the binaries and lang packs. The furnish the 95% of the web access for the OpenOffice.org sites. For the first two years they didn't even include their name in the About Box.
So, I believe they have earned the right.
Debian puts their name on the version that they compile.
I think it's fair.
regards,
Richard.
PS: And I still would like to see Jave a bit more open but it will come; give it time.

I am not saying that Sun should not be included on it. but the way that it is worded now is not right.

"This product has been created by Sun Microsystems, based on OpenOffice.org"

i believe you misunderstood this text :)
i think, it refers to the current binary build. not the source it was compiled from.

This seems like what would go on StarOffice.

This is "OpenOffice.org", so saying it was created by Sun based on OpenOffice.org, does not make much sense (at least not to me)

I am fully aware of the background of OOo. I was just pointing out something that really does not make sense.

James Walker
--
 Rich