Le dimanche 09 octobre 2005 à 12:04 -0500, Randomthots a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Le dimanche 09 octobre 2005 à 04:24 -0500, Randomthots a écrit :
> >
> >> But the rest of the world more or less
> >>considers MS to *be* the standard.
> >

> > The rest of the world considers whatever their company chose at the
> > standard, be it Notes, Outlook, Thunderbird or whatever obscure mailer
> > which salespeople happen to know the Boss wife.
> >
> > And all these have widely different UIs (esp Notes)
> >
> > MS didn't manage to get the same grip on this market than on the office
> > suite one - there's no need to ape them blindly.
> >

> I'm not talking about "apeing them blindly". Nor would I suggest copying
> Notes, either. But if you look at all Outlook and Evolution (I have no
> experience with Notes) there are some similarities to the UI paradigm.

Not surprisingly since evo is an outlook clone (purposeful decision)

However the fact that Notes owns a huge part of the entreprise mailer
market, and has a very different UI paradigm, shows there are *NO*
mailer standard as you wrote. In fact evo is starting to diverge, since
some of the original cloning was not the smartest thing to do in UI
terms.

--
Nicolas Mailhot