Johan Vromans wrote:
mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I was finally getting back to thinking about trying to install 2.0,
RC2, and what someone here (thanks!) had mentioned about giving rpm a
relocation location... and realized the problem. It's *still* going to
run any final scripts, and it's going to set links. Won't that screw
up my use of 1.x?

AFAIK, it won't, All files are installed in the destination area.

There's no post-install scripts that create links to, say, /usr/bin/soffice, or /usr/local/bin/soffice? And there are no libraries that go into /usr/lib, or /usr/X11R6/lib?

User data gets a different directory (.openoffice.org2) than 1.x
(OpenOffice.org).

Ahhh... good.

Maybe you should not install the desktop support RPMs.

Which are those? And that, of course, that goes back to why I joined this list, complaining that there were *only* rpms, not a tarball that I could install the binaries from directly - no setup or install, EVEN THOUGH the 2.0 instructions SAY that there is. <grrrrrr>

On my system, I have OOo 1.1.3 (comes with FC2), 1.1.5 (installed in
/opt) and 2.0RC2 (also installed in /opt). /usr/bin/soffice is
Fedora's 1.1.3, but I never use that.

Yeah, I plan on either /opt or (my preferred) /usr/local

        mark

--
"I want to go to MARS, not IRAQ" - R. King