Am Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2005 00:24 schrieb Robert Derman:

> Robert Derman replies:  I just thought of something else.  With at least
> half of all the emails complaining of problems there soon comes a reply
> where someone tells of hitting a button that will bring up a menu where
> you can change a default or something that solves the problem.  In other
> words, most of the problems people have with OOo have already been
> solved, or the features they want are already there.

You know about the FAQ and other manuals at
http://documentation.openoffice.org?

If a user comes up with a question that's covered there, point him there.
Hopefully, next time he will check the FAQs or manuals first.

>     When the users manual is ready, is it ready now?  It should be
> embedded in all downloads, and if possible made so that when a user
> clicks the Help button, taking them to the user manual should be one of
> the options presented.

It would make the downloads bigger. But I am in no position to decide. Maybe a
link to documentation would be an idea. Which is already there: F1, then
"Getting Support" links you to the OO.org website.

Guido