Le vendredi 28 octobre 2005 à 09:13 +0000, Jonathon Blake a écrit :
> Cono wrote:
>
> > No, you just need ONE extra style for each extra language. Read my previous
> > message.
>
> What you recommend in that message works only if the document hs _one_
> pragraph style.   The moment you need two or more paragraph styles,
> that hve multi-lingual text in them, you need a chrcter style for each
> language. [Not to mention paragraph, numbering and maybe even page
> styles that are language specific.]

Not to mention as soon as you have one style that does not follow the
artificial conventions needed to manage langages via styles, all hell
breaks loose. And you're multiplying the styling charge by n where n is
the number of languages in your document (helloo technical notices with
10+ intermingled languages to avoid duplicating schemas)

> >chnge color for on the screen, if you like.
>
> That is a good arguement in fvor of using styles.  But it has
> virtually zero applicability on the practical world.

This is *not* a good argument for using styles. This use case is
something like revision marks, you don't use styles to change the
display of revision marks.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot