On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 10:41 +0000, Jonathon Blake wrote:
> Giuseppe wrote:
>
> > > you can't have multiple character styles for the same text
>
> > Is this really?
>
> Depends upon what is meant by "can't have multiple character styles in
> the same text".
>
> I've written documents where I liberally tossed Greek, Hebrew, Latin,
> Chinese, and Afrikaans together into the same sentence.   I've also
> had each letter in a word in a different color by using  different
> character style for each letter.
>
> Now if you want pink Russian, followed by a purple Russian chracter,
> you can do that, but have to create a pink Russian character style and
> a purple Russian character style.
>
> > Coming from WordPerfect,
>
> WordPerfect is based on text streaming, so style effects can be
> cumulative.  OOo is based on objects, so style effects are not
> cumulative.

You may be able to achieve a similar cumulative effect however
with the linking of styles. This is like an inheritance of the
object and its properties so you define a base character style,
then link a new one to that which will add to that style.

Regards
Jonathon
--
OOo Tips:               http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au/tips.rss