Shawn wrote:
I recently downloaded the new OpenOffice.org 2.0 for Linux. I have to say that the new method used for installation is quite a bit more annoying, time consuming, and troublesome than the old version that uses an actual install program. I think OpenOffice.org should go back to using the installation program like it did before.

It's quite possible that a small wrapper installer could be
written that downloads the .rpm and runs the system installer
on it.  That would make the whole process feel more or less
exactly like the old one.

--
Trying to get a job as a c++ developer?  See
http://kegel.com/academy/getting-hired.html