Brian Lunergan wrote:
Ian Lynch wrote:
On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 16:07 +0800, Richard jenkins wrote:

Now I don't write very often BUT I do read the writing coming down the tube!
Censorship; not a nice word is it,

Don't confuse freedom of speech with anti-social behaviour.

Very true, Ian. Far too many think that freedom of speech is a right (it
is a privilege, not a right) that allows them to say whatever, whenever,

Uh, no, it *is* a right. HOWEVER, at least in the US, and what's usually meant by constitutions, etc, that endorse it, is POLITICAL speech. It slops over to artistic and religious speech, and then spreads around, generally.

One might also recall that there is *no* freedom of speech right to shout "FIRE" in a crowded theatre, no is there a right to raise incite mob action and violence.
<snip>

Trolls is trolls. Even if he isn't unsubbed, there's the std. answer from Usenet: the killfile.

        mark
--
FDR: We have nothing to fear but fear itself.
GWB: Be afwaid. Be vewwy afwaid.