Ian Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 00:53 -0500, Chad Smith wrote:
>
>> I understand that OpenOffice.org is holy, and perfect, and is not to
>> be questioned. If something is missing, it *SHOULD* be missing. If
>> something hogs memory, it *SHOULD* hog memory.
>
> Go away Chad, and come back when you get rid of the sarcasm, ranting
> and raving.

I know the internet is an infantilising medium, but do we really have to
behave like fourteen-year-old schoolgirls? If you find Chad unbearably
uncool, killfile him already.
He had a very good point, perhaps best made by raving. It really doesn't
matter to me whether I send a document by email or by post -- I'd like to
be able to edit them in the same program, to look up the information about
the recipient in the same place, and so on and so forth. This is a
perfectly reasonable thing for people to want and MS does it better than
anyone else.

It's probably very wise of Sun not to spend resources on doing that right
now -- and no one else, as we know, does any of the heavy lifting. But if
ever anyone did come up with a solution that integrated OOo with a first
class open source contacts manager and scheduler properly, this would be
praised as the most innovative step forward in the entire history of the
software industry by almost everyone on these lists, especially those who
most vocally despise Outlook.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.