Hi,

what do you think of:

"With each new office suite and word processor release we become more
concerned that software companies like Sun Microsystems, Corel, and even
community projects like OpenOffice.org are more interested in competing with
Microsoft Office than they are in developing excellent software. The new
features and enhancements in each release are all about doing what Word does
or mimicking Excel. Why not just worry about adding features and
improvements that users want, rather than play catch-up with Microsoft?

StarOffice 8 leaves us with that catch-up feeling. It is a good office
suite -- better than Microsoft Office for the money, and better technically
in many ways -- but it's trying too hard to be like the market leader. We'd
rather see an intelligently designed office suite with a fresh approach than
one that can do everything that Microsoft Office can."

http://software.newsforge.com/software/05/09/23/198225.shtml

bottom line: add features users want rather than mimick Microsoft

cheers, Lars