Alex Janssen wrote:

> Maybe if ...
>
>     * OOo could link to T-bird's address book with the database
>       functionality

It can already.

>     * T-bird could use OOo's dictionary

It does already.

>     * OOo could produce the appropriate html or text output and put it
>       into a Tbird compose window as an option additional to the normal
>       attached doc method

OOo is not a great HTML editor - not recommended.

Even if you think you need HTML for mail it should be limited to enable
nicer formatting of your text (tables, indentations etc.) but you
shouldn't try to prove web designer skills. At the end e-mail is a
medium that primarily transports information, not style or colored
pictures, at least in a professional environment (and that's what we are
talking about).

For things like that the TBird HTML editor is more than appropriate and
it is not only much faster but also better integrated than OOo Writer
could ever be. It also has built-in features especially for mails like
managing quotes etc. that you won't see in OOo Writer.

> that type of integration would be what some people are looking for.  I
> have never heard what type of integration these people want.  They just
> show up and make a kind of vague request.

What makes more sense is having links to mails, postings, calendar
appointments, contact information etc. in OOo documents. Links from
TBird to OOo documents already work of course.

I can imagine that there are other useful ways to integrate a mail or
calendar client with an Office suite, but using the word processor for
writing mails is the least interesting (of course only IMHO ;-)).

Best regards,
Mathias

--
"The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article, then
hire a hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and fuck his dog