Hi all

First please forgive me for this late announcement and putting this to your attention :( As CCR, i relay a discussion that occured in the community council, thanks to Louis

http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=675
and the discussion that occured then
http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=discuss&by=thread&from=1117047

The discussion has been then relayed on native-lang projects
http://native-lang.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=5930
http://native-lang.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=dev&by=thread&from=1117896

please note the good summary of the council discussion from Bernhard Dippold
http://native-lang.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=5945

I now some discussion occuring in french, japanese and german team. You may be already involved in them. Feel free to update there in english

Btw, for the general users, here is the relay on an english list

The purpose of it is to start thinking on ways to make OOo independant and provide background for variuous corporate developpers, fundings ...

Loocking at OpenDocument growth, the question is : is OOo the same as OpenDocument ? It has been agreed is discussions that it is not. Yes OOo is the premium integrator of OpenDocument but it is an office suite, which means more than a document format regarding user experience for example

So here raises the question :
How can we build something that provides a neutral place that allow funders but also major contributors (yes, and smaller ones too) that are usually competitors to come and work together on their common goal : OOo

We are now in a unique situation that let us create the future of an independant OOo. We need to do it with a large vision as it will be difficult, once setup, to change even if things can be built step by step.

Every idea, suggestion is welcommed. Btw, please remain positive and constructive as we all have so few time to spend

Thanks to all

Laurent

--
Laurent Godard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org
Indesko >> http://www.indesko.com