Dear OpenOffice developer,

thanks for your great job so far, you implemented a lot of nifty functionality
that makes it hard to use MS Office again. However I miss a few very handy
tools, which would make it even harder not to use OO e.g.

Impress:

- a rectangle in the left thumbnail window of my presentation which shows my
current position after I zoomed into the main window. The rectangle in the
left window must be moveable and the view in the main window should change
with it. (-- please see QGIS for a working example www.qgis.org).

- a non-linear presentation. You set up your presentation but you are not sure
how long it will take but time is limited. If you realize that your
presentation is too short, just select a detour which you previously defined
or the opposite, use a shortcut if you have to finish quickly. The
shortcuts/detours could either be chosen during the presentation using the
keypad or a small icon shows that a detour exists and can be selected pushing
enter or space etc..
All these detours, shortcuts should be defined on a freely arrangeable screen
where slides can be moved around and connected to each other. Similar to a
flow-chart.
Set up new standards for presentation programs and use non-linear
presentations!

Word:

- a Endnote etc. connection. Just a bibliography program - thats the reason
why many scientist did not swap so far or already use Latex. i know it's on
the way, but I can't wait to see it ;-)

looking forward to see them implemented, best regards, Martin Wegmann

--
Martin Wegmann

DLR - German Aerospace Center
German Remote Sensing Data Center
@
Dept.of Geography
Remote Sensing and Biodiversity Unit
&&
Dept. of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
University of Wuerzburg
Am Hubland
97074 Würzburg

phone: +49-(0)931 - 888 4797