Randomthots wrote:
Alexandro Colorado wrote:

try hexdump in Bash

Honestly, I'm not really that interested. Nor would I know what to do with the information. It is sufficient to know that there ARE differences and that those differences may well be the cause of mark's problems.

I *do* know what to do with the info... I was asking here, in case someone had already done the work, and had a ready answer. Further, if I have the problem, then so does everyone else running OpenOffice.org, instead of M$ Office.

        mark

--
We must make clear to the Germans that the wrong for which their fallen leaders are on trial is not that they lost the war, but that they started it. And we must not allow ourselves to be drawn into a trial of the causes of the war for our position is that no grievances or policies will justify resort to aggressive war. It is utterly renounced and condemned as an instrument of policy. - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson, U.S. representative to the International Conference on Military Trials, Aug. 12, 1945.