On Fri October 21 2005 17:10, + Christoph Herzog wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> Hi,
> after having downloaded and unpacked OpenOffice.org for Linux I was
> amazed to find a bag of rpm files but no hint whatsoever on how to
> install. Am I expected to solve a puzzle? Don't you think it would be a
> good idea to put a how-to-install info into the readme folder? Or at
> least put it at some prominent place on your website?

RPMs are a standard way to install packages on most Linux distributions. If
your linux distruibution does not understand them, then you can use "alien"
to convert the RPMS to another more palatable form.

Please reply to discuss@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ