Please excuse me for not explaining omr. I've recently joined a company that
has a product line of folder inserter systems. Within the folder inserters
there are addon components that interfaces the system to create a sorting
function within processed papers. Simply put OMR is Optical mark
recognition. OMR is a series of six marks within either the top left corner
of the page or the bottom row of the page. The marks are configured within
different levels of security. The easiest format works with a beginning
marker for the first page, and the final marker located on the last page.
This concept has more complex page checks. This system is utilized by many
different folding and inserting systems. Not to insult your intelligence,
but if you're wondering what folder inserters are, it's a mechanical system
that folds a number of pages and inserts the pages and an optional return
envelope into another envelope, seals and closes the envelope. Large
corporations going through thousands of pages need a way of checking the
page order. That's where OMR comes in. The insertion of this small barcode
is usually done with a program that costs thousands of dollars. I find this
as horribly unfair. I also find this as quite a wonderful feature located in
an office application. Microsoft does not utilize this feature in their
office suite. There are very few ways of accomplishing this feature, and
again, that's where the outrageously overpriced software comes in. There are
no rights for the feature legally. If you would like the specs on the OMR
field, I would be more than happy to send these to you. I'm a strong
supporter of Open Office, and I think that this feature could offer a lot of
exposure to the OO project. If you're interested in this please email me
back. I'll be more than happy to help with the programming of the feature.
Thanks for your time.