On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:12:37 -0500, Chad Smith wrote:
> Individuals can buy a Retail copy of MSO for $150. Busineses can get it for
> cheaper if they buy in volume and/or buy it OEM. As both prices decrease
> (MSO and just OL) the differences also decrease, to the point it would be
> wasteful to buy Outlook and *not* by the complete suite.

Exactly, my client gets a cheap bulk price. Essentially, if they need to
get Outlook, there might as well get Office for free ($) (their reasoning
not mine). My struggle to convince them to move to Open Office continues
anyway.

> Yes, I think most people mean an Outlook replacement, not just an email
> client. To them, Outlook is email, just like Excel is spreadsheet.
> Having never used Outlook, I can't say, personally, what they want. But
> I want an email client and a PIM. I'd like to reitterate that I think a
> partnering with Mozilla would be the best answer, but if that isn't
> possible, building an OOo version would be good.\

Yes, sorry, my terminology was incorrect. Experienced engineers will look
at (and ask for and clarify ...) the business requirements, not the names,
anyway. I would be happy to collate requirements on my client's behalf
--- or anyone else for that matter.

> OOoEmail could, potentially, provide the features and services Outlook
> users want, and solve the problems that Outlook has.

Or perhaps "OO Messenger"? :-)