On 11/15/05, Chad Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think that a lot of this is much ado about nothing. And as much as
> anyone
> likes being the center of attention, I think all the
> Chad-bashing/Chad-defending noise is far more than anything I ever caused on
> my own.

A suggestion. Try saying things in a less dogmatic way, and then whatever
you say will be either agreed with or disagreed with. Actually your comment
"much ado about nothing" is contradictory, as the way you often get going,
it sounds like you're on the war path and not just expressing your opinion,
which is no more valid than others on the list, although you act as though
it's much more.

This is a list about OpenOffice.org, not me. Can we drop all this
> and get back to the task at hand?

Right. And please be civil in future posts to prevent the kind of trouble
that you have often caused.

I mean, really, this whole thread should have taken place on Social@, if at
> all. After all, social@ was created to give me a "time out room" to make as
> much noise as I want, and not bother the big people while they do the
> important work. Or so the impression was to me at the time.

Created just for you? Wow! I didn't realize that! And the "big people"? See?
There you go again with unpleasant sarcasm! The "big" poeple? The problem
here all along is that you seem to think you're the biggest fish in the
poind. Look in the mirror to find the man who needs to downsize his
attitude.

To answer the OP's question about why I seem to defend MS first and OOo as
> an afterthought, I don't think that's what I do. But the impression may be
> there because I think most people on this list already know the virtues of
> OpenOffice.org, and don't need me to tell them about it. A lot of people
> on
> this list are Linux-only or close enough to it, that the majority of their
> info about MS comes from Slash-dot, Groklaw, and other "Fair and Balanced"
> unbiased news sources like that.

Oops! Out in the parking lot again! (Never mind left field!) We have been
pointing out real-world personal experiences to you time after time again.
You ignore the turth and pound away at lies - thus we wonder *why* you do
that!

And one of the problems I have with Slashdot is that people just read the
> comments, and never actually go to the orginial article.

HaHaHa! Well, at least you have a sense of humor! It takes one to describe
one's own folly as though it were others!

Pay attention to reality and stop - to use your term - "OT posts" out in
left field or the parking lot.

Anyway, my point is people don't need me to defend or even promote OOo on
> these lists. Everyone who reads these lists (discuss, marketing, social,
> etc.) their pretty much sold on OOo anyway. It would be pointless for me to
> cheerlead them into using OOo, since they already do.

No - don't "cheerlead", but stick to reality! You know, the truth! The
reason *large numbers* of people take exception to much of what you've said
is because it's utter nonsense and in violation of common sense and
documented truth! Reality is good! Truth is good! Have a look! Open your
eyes! Gravity? Yes, it really *does* exist, even if you're opinion is
contrary to that fact! (Sorry for the sarcaasm, I'll try to avoid that in
future!)

Okay! Enough enough enough. Let's get back to discussion of the product, but
please,stick to facts and reality and avoid propaganda!

RM