On Thursday 17 Nov 2005 11:44, Chad Smith wrote:
> On 11/16/05, Tim Fairchild <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It can hardly be 'tied' to the windows platform when it runs on all the
> > unix
> > types. Of course you may say that MSO is no longer tied to windows either
> > since it can run on Mac and many unix types as well...
>
> That's exactly my point, Tim. Thank you.

Of course the othe side is that MS chooses to limit what platforms it makes
MSO for while OOo does try to create a multiplatform app... It's only the
work of others that make MSO possible on linux. The same might be said of OOo
on Mac, perhaps...

I'm a big supporter of crossover as it is a big help to small software makers
especially. They don't have the resources to make multi platform apps, but
with crossover they are less likely to need to.

  Tim Fairchild
  Atchafalaya Border Collies.
  Kuttabul, Queensland, Australia.