"Andras Szabo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in news:BAY24-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Usually I split the text entry window and load in one of
> them the source language text while I write the translated
> text into the orther window.

I used to do the same, using notes on one screen, and the completed text
onthe other. It is a nuisance, but there are some work-arounds.

First, you can very easily have two documents open at once, each using
different languages, and different spell checkers. What language a
document uses is set as a formatting property -- modify the text style so
that on the "font" tab it choses the language you want. So that gives you
a different language for each document. And both can, obviously, be open
simultaneously. I've got four OOo documents open as I write this.

The trouble is that they are all in separate windows. Getting them to
appear side by side, as you can in Word, is annoying. I have no idea how
to do it on Linux -- it would vary by desktop. On Windows, the easiest
way is to minimise all the windows to the task bar, then expand thetwo
windows you want to work with. Right click *on the task bar* and choose
"Tile Windows Vertically" (whatever that may be in Hungarian) and then
you will have the two docs side by side.

If you then set each one to "Web view", the result is still not as good
as the split screen in Word 97. But it's not bad, and perhaps close
enough to satisfy you.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.