Ian Lynch wrote:
On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 16:24 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:

A real difficulty for integration would be file formats, as Xara does not use and does not plan to use OpenDocument Format and the widget set (WXWidgets for Xara)

Sounds like a good project for OD Fellowship. An ODF to and from Xara
filter. I would have thought that integrating Xara with OOo would be a
lot of work because Impress is totally dependent on the existing Draw
engine so not only would you have to replace draw but also Impress. I'm
guessing integration with Uno would also not be straightforward.

Xara is sponsoring the ÜberConverter project, which aim to be a universal vector graphics file converter: http://scratchcomputing.com/projects/uber-converter/

OpenDocument define file formats for vector graphics, having them supported by the ÜberConverter could enable import/export for a large number of applications (this is the kind of thing we are waiting for at Inkscape to import/export ODF)

--
nicu
my OpenOffice.org pages: http://ooo.nicubunu.ro